Go to Policy Service Portal
Notice to NMSBA Policy Service Subscribers,
Late last week the Policy Service Portal on our website when down and access to school district policy manuals has not been available. We immediately contacted our Policy Service technical staff and they have been working throughout the week to restore access however it still may be a few days before full access is restored.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and please know that we are trying to take care of this as quickly as possible, while being meticulously careful. Thank you for your patience.
How to Search a Policy Manual
New Mexico Policy Service Program Summary
- The program provides enhanced policy services on a four year subscription basis supervised by a licensed New Mexico Attorney with over 30 years policy writing experience.
- Policies are updated periodically as changes in statutory law, case law, state agency rules and regulations, Attorney General Opinions, and local conditions and circumstances occur.
- Features of the Policy Services Program include:
- A national system for coding and retrieving policy, developed by the National School Boards Association.
- On call or e-mail to discuss policy related issues and possible revisions. With appropriate topically-related information, Policy Services will write personalized policy for the District.
- Secured Internet access to the District Policy Manual for the public and staff using browsers commonly available on computers.
- The assistance provided by the Policy Services Program reduces the amount of time devoted to review and documentation of state and federal compliance issues.
- Paperless access to school policy available at any internet connected computer.
Links to legal citations and and cross references to related policies are provided to make research easier and more convenient.
- The Superintendent will spend less time finding and interpreting legal requirements.
- The Superintendent accesses the consultant to determine and clarify information in need of referral to legal counsel, reducing legal expenses.
- The Manual is secure and cannot be changed without proper documentation.
Costs and expenses
- The monthly cost is $385, approximately the monthly cost of a new employee’s fringe benefits package.
- The District is responsible for initial expenses and preparation – travel, lodging, food and the preparation of the draft copies
– Expenses generally cost about $1,000-$1,500 depending on travel.
– Preparation is a flat $1,000 for up to 10 draft copies and 6 final copies of the policy manual.
- An exception to this is if the Draft is viewed as a protected pdf and no hard copies are required for the review and adoption, the final copies are $100 each in vinyl covers with dividers and indices.
Contact Joe Guillen, Executive Director at (505) 983-5041, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or
John F. Kennedy, Policy Service Director at (505) 469-0193 or email: email@example.com
How to Update a Policy Manual
Advisory Completeness Checklist
Policy Service Advisories/Alerts Issued
2023 POLICY ADVISORIES/ALERTS
NMSBA Policy Service Alert-January 2023
2022 POLICY ADVISORIES/ALERTS
NMSBA Policy Service Alert – July 2022
NMSBA Policy Service Advisories 229-232 – May 2022
NMSBA Policy Service Alert-March 2022
NMSBA Policy Service Alert-January 2022
2021 POLICY ADVISORIES/ALERTS
NMSBA Policy Service Alert – October 2021
NMSBA Policy Service Advisories 220-228 – June 2021
NMSBA Policy Service Advisories 215-219 – May 2021
NMSBA Policy Service Advisories 210-214 – April 2021
2020 POLICY ADVISORIES/ALERTS
NMSBA Policy Service Alert – December 20, 2020
NMSBA Policy Service Advisory 209 – September 2020
NMSBA Policy Service Advisory 208 – August 2020
NMSBA Policy Services Alert – July 10 2020
NMSBA Policy Service Alert – July 2020
NMSBA Policy Service Advisories 206 & 207 – June 2020
NMSBA Policy Service Alert – May 2020
NMSBA Policy Service Alert – April 2020
NMSBA Policy Service Advisories 204-205 – February 2020
2019 POLICY ADVISORIES/ALERTS
NMSBA Policy Service Alert-December 2019
NMSBA Policy Service Advisory 203 – December 4, 2019
NMSBA Policy Advisories 198-202 – September 5, 2019
NMSBA Policy Advisories 185-197 – July 22, 2019
NMSBA Policy Advisory 184 – July 8, 2019
NMSBA Policy Service Advisories 166-183 – May 8, 2019
2018 Policy Advisories/ALERTS
Policy Service Advisories 164-165 – September 4, 2018
Policy Service Advisories 158-163 – August 24, 2018
Policy Service Advisory 157 – July 24. 2018
Policy Service Advisories 141-156 – May 9, 2018
Policy Service Alert – April 18, 2018
2017 Policy Advisories/ALERTS
Policy Service Advisories 139 & 140 – July 24, 2017
Policy Service Advisories 128-138-June 9, 2017
Policy Service Advisory 127 February 2017
2016 POLICY ADVISORIES/ALERTS
Policy Service Alert November 7, 2016
Policy Service Alert May 29, 2016
Policy Service Advisories 124,125,126 April 4, 2016
Policy Service Advisories 120,121,122,123. Jan 14, 2016