to Policy Service Portal
Policies Services Alert (Dec 2012)
Policy Advisory Complete Checklist
Index to Policy Service Advisories
Archive of Policy Service Advisories (2004-June 2013)
Advisories 95, 96 and 97
Advisories 98, 99 and 100 (May 2013)
Advisories 101, 102, 103 and 104 (June 2013)
Instructions for Updating NMSBA USB Drives
Mexico Policy Services – The Service for You
program provides enhanced policy services on a four year subscription
basis supervised by a licensed New Mexico Attorney with 14 years policy
- Policies are
updated periodically as changes in statutory law, case law, state agency
rules and regulations, Attorney General Opinions, and local conditions
and circumstances occur.
- Features of the Policy Services Program include:
- A national system for coding and retrieving policy, developed by the National
School Boards Association.
- On call or e-mail to discuss policy related issues and possible revisions.
With appropriate topically-related information, Policy Services will write
personalized policy for the District.
- Secured Internet access to the District Policy Manual for the public and
staff using browsers commonly available on computers.
- The assistance provided by the Policy Services Program reduces the amount
of time devoted to review and documentation of state and federal compliance
- Paperless access to school policy available at any internet connected
- Administrators have legal citations and updated procedures at their fingertips.
- The Superintendent will spend less time finding and interpreting legal
- The Superintendent accesses the consultant to determine and clarify information
in need of referral to legal counsel, reducing legal expenses.
- The Manual is secure and cannot be changed without proper documentation.
Costs and expenses
- The monthly cost is $385, approximately the monthly cost of a new employee’s
fringe benefits package.
- The District is responsible for initial expenses and preparation – travel, lodging, food and the preparation of the draft copies
- Expenses generally cost about $1000 depending on travel.
- Preparation is a flat $1,000 for up to 10 draft copies and 6 final copies of the policy manual.
- An exception to this is if the Draft is viewed as a protected pdf and no hard copies are required for the review and adoption, the final copies are $100 each in vinyl covers with dividers and indicies.
Contact Joe Guillen (505) 983-5041, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Donn
Williams (505) 469-0193 or e-mail email@example.com